Welcome to Cedar and Beech classes
The teachers in Year 6 are Alice Biggs (Beech) and Dominic Carini (Cedar).
Information for Y6
- Y6 Spring Curriculum Newsletter 2021
- Year 6 Spelling Words Spring Term 2
- Online Safety Meeting 12.01.20 – Y6 parents
- Year 6 Spelling Words Spring Term 1
- Y6 Curriculum newsletter Autumn
- Year 6 Spelling Words Autumn Term 2
- Year 6 Meet the Teacher 2020
- Year 6 Spelling Words Autumn Term 1
- Curriculum Recovery letter KS2
- Here’s What to expect in Year 6
- This attachment will show you the Holly Park End of Year 6 Expectations
What we have been doing
The year 6 topic this term is based around World War 2 covering many aspects of this conflict including the Battle of Britain. They based a curriculum day on this crucial event in the war. To support this topic through literacy the children have been reading ‘The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas’ as well as reading ‘Letters from the Lighthouse’.
They have also been designing and constructing model Anderson shelters in DT.
In PE the children have been developing their football skills in sessions run by Non-Stop Action.
FAREWELL TO OUR Y6 2019-20!