Welcome to Cedar and Beech classes
The teachers in Year 6 are Alice Biggs (Beech) and Dominic Carini (Cedar).
Information for Y6
- Y6 Curriculum newsletter summer term
- Y6 Spelling Words Summer Term 1
- Y6 End of year arrangements
- Y6 Spring Curriculum Newsletter 2021
- Y6 Spelling Words Spring Term 2
- Online Safety Meeting 12.01.20 – Y6 parents
- Y6 Spelling Words Spring Term 1
- Y6 Curriculum newsletter Autumn
- Y6 Spelling Words Autumn Term 2
- Y6 Meet the Teacher 2020
- Y6 Spelling Words Autumn Term 1
- Curriculum Recovery letter KS2
- Here’s What to expect in Year 6
- This attachment will show you the Holly Park End of Year 6 Expectations
What we have been doing
Year 6 In the first half term, the Y6 learning project was ‘Mountains’. The children learned first about the theory of mountains and then put it into practice, culminating in the children building and labelling their own mountain models! The Y6 children had an opportunity to gain an insight into the layers of the earth, plate tectonics, mountain expeditions and how different types of mountains are formed. It has been a fantastic topic with some brilliant outcomes.
The year 6 topic this term is based around World War 2 covering many aspects of this conflict including the Battle of Britain. They based a curriculum day on this crucial event in the war. To support this topic through literacy the children have been reading ‘The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas’ as well as reading ‘Letters from the Lighthouse’.
They have also been designing and constructing model Anderson shelters in DT.
In PE the children have been developing their football skills in sessions run by Non-Stop Action.