Welcome to Maple and Juniper classes
The teachers in Year 5 are Emily Sampson and Andrew French.
- Here is what we will be learning about this term: Y5 Spring Parent Letter
- Here’s What to expect in Year 5
- Here’s what we looked at last term: Year 5 curriculum newsletter autumn
- These are the spellings Y5 should know this term: Year 5 Spelling Words Spring Term 1
- These are the spellings Y5 did last term: Year 5 Spelling Words Autumn Term
What we have been doing this term:
This term, our topic was the Victorians. Juniper and Maple both put on fantastically informative and entertaining assemblies to share their knowledge with the rest of the school.
Juniper took part in Bikeability where they improved their road safety skills and Maple class have really enjoyed going to Forest School where they have done woodwork and made catapults.
This week, Year 5 went to the V&A museum and enjoyed a workshop on the Great Exhibition as well as exploring the other exhibits. The children thoroughly enjoyed the day and their behaviour was a credit to the school.
They have been studying many aspects of this important historical period and have been reading Street Child as a set text. They have been experimenting with different types of printing in art.
Half of the children in year 5 have begun their Forest School sessions and the other half have had the opportunity to take part in Bikeability this term. They will swap in the spring term.