Welcome, Добре дошли, Benvenuti, Karibu, Mirё seerdhe, Dobrodošli, Vítejte, Willkommen, Kalwsorisate, Bienvenue, Boyei malámu, Sveikiatvykę, Witam, Bem-vindo, Bun venit, Добро пожаловать, Bienvenido, Hoşgeldiniz, آپ کا استقبال ہے, நல்வரவு, ਜੀ ਆਇਆ ਨੂੰ।, پخير, 欢迎, 歓迎, स्वागत, ברוך הבא, સ્વાગત, καλωσόρισμα, স্বাগত, ترحيب, Soo dhawoo
We are delighted to tell you that Ofsted has judged Holly Park to be a ‘Good’ school.
The inspectors told us that the school should be very proud of this achievement.
There is so much to be proud of in the inspection report. We are particularly pleased that the inspectors agreed that the school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding.
Other parts of the report that we are pleased about are:
- The leadership has worked successfully to raise achievement.
- Members of the governing body make a strong contribution to school improvement.
- Senior leaders, including governors, monitor the school very well and have an accurate understanding of strengths and areas for development.
- Leaders thoroughly analyse pupils’ progress.
- Leadership of the early years is good.
- Pupils make good progress in most subjects and attainment is improving.
- The behaviour of pupils and their attitudes towards work are good.
- Pupils enjoy school because the curriculum is exciting and varied.
- The school is an exceptionally caring, safe and nurturing environment where every pupil is known well.
- Senior leaders, strongly led by the Headteacher, have made significant improvements in all areas of the school in recent years.
- Leaders have successfully designed a broad and balanced curriculum.
- The provision for pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is very strong.
- The school uses the primary physical education and sport premium funding very effectively.
- Pupils with SEND are well supported.
- Parents have a very positive view of the school.
- Governors ensure the school’s finances are managed effectively.
- Governors demonstrate a diligent commitment to school improvement.
- Arrangements for safeguarding are effective. The school has a strong culture of safeguarding.
- Teachers are very effective in establishing a positive climate for learning and have high expectations of pupils’ behaviour.
- The teaching of phonics is strong.
- Teachers questioning is open ended and deepens pupils’ understanding.
- Pupils with SEND receive excellent teaching.
- The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding.
- Pupils are confident learners who are happy to work well together.
- The school encourages pupils to be involved in making decisions and contributing to school policy.
- Pupils say they feel safe. Pupils are aware of the different forms that bullying can take but do not view it as a problem in school.
- Behaviour of pupils is good.
- The school is very welcoming and friendly. Pupils are proud of the school..
- In the playground pupils play well with each other.
- Attendance is above average.
- Staff in EYFS work well as a team to monitor children’s progress and identify suitable next steps.
Parents played an important part in the robust inspection process that took place. The inspectors fed back to me the very positive comments they heard in the playground from parents.
Our committed Governors also played their part and supported the evidence for Leadership and Management of the school and demonstrated the essential roles that they play in this area – so a big thank you to the Governors.
Thanks also to the dedicated staff who were superb as usual and were a credit to the school with their energy, enthusiasm, commitment and hard work as ever. The Senior Management Team, support staff and Middle Leaders were also fantastic in their knowledge of the school that they demonstrated in the many rigorous meetings they had with inspectors and it was evident how well they knew the children and the school processes and the effective systems they had put in place.
In addition and not least of all, our children were fantastic and were praised highly. The inspectors said that the children were excellent ambassadors for the school and that the school had a vibrant and welcoming feel.
You can read the full report here: Ofsted report 2018
Ann Pelham – Headteacher
Here is the whole school singing our song Holly Park Forever:
- See our latest news and translate it into any language.
- We have lots of partnerships
- We value our teachers’ professional development
- We are a successful school, where children have the opportunity to take part in our creative curriculum
- We are a Forest School
- We have developed our own learning journeys so that children can see the steps in their learning
- At Holly Park we promote British Values and we are a Values Based School
- We have become an Enabling Enterprise Partnership School
- We take all aspects of Child Protection very seriously
- Online safety links – helpful information and websites for parents and children
- Music and performance are an important feature of our school
- We now run lots of school clubs
- Our School Councils are very active
- Social, moral, spiritual and cultural education is important to us
- Read what Ofsted has to say about Holly Park.