PE and school sport play an important part in the life of Holly Park. We believe that PE plays an important part in the holistic development of our children and through this they learn more about values such as respect, co-operation, team spirit, friendship, courage, determination etc
- To use the Sports Grant to raise the outcomes for the children by ensuring that each pupil has access to high quality PE provision and that they engage in regular physical activity.
- To improve teacher subject knowledge in PE
- To develop a vision that recognises that by the time each child leaves Holly Park they will have become positive in their approach to physical activity, achieved personal success and developed an attitude that allows them to have the confidence to try new experiences through the next stages of their life.
- To use the resilience learned through playing sport in their wider school life and on into their adult lives and to develop the desire to be active, healthy adults.
Sports Grant from Sept 2023- July 2024 is £19, 900
Here is how we are spending it:
- £800 for swimming catch up Y5 and Y6
- £9399 Non Stop Action weekly teaching and staff CPD
- £1083 Barnet Partnership for School Sports
- £ 6720 Forest School weekly sessions for Y5 and Y1
- £400 for playground equipment to ensure active children
- £443 for PE hall equipment repairs as necessary
- £700 for supporting competitions (supply cover)
- £355 for PE resources
Here is the evidence of the impact of our Sports Premium 2022/23: Holly Park Evidencing-the-Impact-of-the-Primary-PE-and-Sport-Premium 2022-23