- Maths National Curriculum – Year 1
- Maths National Curriculum – Year 2
- Maths National Curriculum – Year 3
- Maths National Curriculum – Year 4
- Maths National Curriculum – Year 5
- Maths National Curriculum – Year 6
Here is also a parents guide booklet for the Maths, English and Science National Curriculum.
Progression of skills in maths
- Addition and Subtraction
- Geometry Properties of Shapes
- Geometry-Position-Direction and Movement
- Multiplication and Division
- Place Value
- Ratio and Proportion
Our calculation policy can be found on this page.
Maths Day Challenge
Maths Days at Holly Park
We held a three celebration of maths when all the children took part in maths carousels. The activities focused on shape, volume, weight, measure and estimating. All of the activities were very practical and hands on. The children had lots of fun. The children enjoyed being in mixed age house groups. Parents came in to do maths activities with the children. The children also took part in maths activities in class based on environmental issues. A maths advisor, Peter Warwick, did a maths assembly for KS1 and KS2 – this was great fun and based on measurement and world records. The children also played maths games in class or made their own. There were also maths games online and computer based games. The three days were a great celebration of maths. Thank you to Ms Owen for organising it all.